Friday, November 22, 2013

What are you thankful for?

Well it's that time of the season again. As we draw ourselves closer to Thanksgiving break (which i'm sure we all could use a break, even if for a couple days), we shouldn't forget the holiday we celebrated many years ago and continue to celebrate for many years to come: Thanksgiving.

Now before I begin, I want to start by taking your mind off of the Macy's Day Parade, NFL, etc., etc., etc. I mean there's nothing wrong with these events, I mean even I like some of of them myself. However, I feel like we're giving Thanksgiving a different definition. There's more to it than the football, parades, floats, shopping deals, and what not. I'm talking about getting together with family and friends, taking the time to think about what you're truly thankful for. Having a family/friend dinner that maybe you haven't had in such a long time. I feel like Thanksgiving is a time to get together, reconnect with people that we've been disconnected from for quite sometime. But the main question about thanksgiving remains, what are you thankful for. Here's my list...

For me I am thankful for a couple things:
- Being in college for giving me the challenges that each class has given me
- OCSS for learning about working in the real world (or at least giving me a chance to learn)
- Family and Friends for supporting me throughout this semester
- Life's challenges and curves for making life more interesting and giving me lessons to learn in life.

So there's my list, basic and to the point but it's something. What about you?

Want to give back this Thanksgiving?

Arbutus Methodist Church welcomes student volunteers who would like to help prepare and serve the holiday meal between Noon and 3:30pm on Thursday. The church is located across the street from UMBC's Poplar Avenue entrance, at 1201 Maple Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment