Monday, October 14, 2013

Waiting for the bus

Before I was able to carpool to UMBC this year, I had to take the metro bus everyday just to get to campus, and then sometimes I would take the bus back home. From where I live, it normally would take about an hour to an hour fifteen minutes to commute to UMBC. 

So you're probably wondering why and how I was able to pull this off my freshman year, because getting up at 5am or 7am just to leave to go to the station is pretty intense, let alone with everything else that follows right afterward. The answer is simple, I had a motivation and time management to help me, a couple of skills that maybe can help you out as you continue along your UMBC Career. I mean if I was late and didn't leave on time, I would not only miss the train, but the bus as well and that would hinder some of my free time that I had before classes.

If you're planning on commuting with the MTA Bus or Train, keep a couple things in mind:
  • Make sure you know what time the bus leaves/arrives at your stop. Pay attention to the bus number and the destination or you may accidentally miss it.
  • Have something to do while waiting for the bus and waiting to arrive at your stop. Listening to music is good, doing some work/studying is good too, and maybe taking a nap if you're wanting to catch up with some sleep. Though I will advise you to make sure you wake up before arriving at your stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment