Thursday, December 5, 2013

Finals are Coming!

Hey All,

Can you believe it?!!! This semester is almost over! We've all made it this far, but we're still not in the clear yet. Finals are right around the corner and I know some of you have exams now. Even so, try not to worry! Keep your head in the game and it'll be over in a flash. Here are a few tips from me personally that seem to work when I start to get stressed out...


Try and get some sleep!

We all know someone that is planning an all nighter. Hey it might even be you! The fact is though that everyone needs some sleep. Especially those of us that are commuting. The last thing anyone wants to do is drive drowsy. Some people even say that it can be even more dangerous than driving drunk!!! So get some sleep and stay safe.

Eat healthy and often!

Studying for long hours in the library can throw some of us off during the day and we all know that feeling. When I study for long hours in the library I usually catch myself snacking on unhealthy foods and drinking a lot of energy drinks. Even though these foods might give you a sugar rush to keep you awake we all know they are bad for us. Remember to drink a lot of water and to substitute some of your chips out with some baby carrots. Trust me they are just as good and a whole lot better for you!

Don't Procrastinate!

We all know we're guilty of this. Especially me. Make a schedule! They're a lot of help. With a schedule I can organize my study time and even finish papers a week ahead of time! The last thing you want is to have 2 papers and a final all due the same day when you haven't studied or started either!

Obviously none of these are ground breaking tips, but they are helpful. Sometimes having a goods night rest, a healthy meal in your belly, and keeping schedule will help you keep your sanity over the Finals period. And when you need a break on Study Day, come unwind in the OCSS Commuter Lounge.


Good luck everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment