Monday, April 7, 2014

Thinking about your future?

Hi everyone! I hope you all are keep dry and warm out there on this chilly rainy day. Have you ever sat down and thought about your future and how to get to the place you see yourself in the future? If you answered yes to this than I think I might have the perfect advice for you. When I think about what I'm going to do with my life I always picture myself traveling and working for the World Health Organization, but how do I get there? Simple! Work experience, volunteering and internships. Some great things that UMBC offers is research work both on and off campus in the summer, winter and all years around! This is a wonderful opportunity to be apart of something big and not only help change the world but these research opportunities will also change you too. If you want to do some summer research next summer you have to research the programs you're applying to and send in your application early. Sooner is always better than later! It's easy to apply to programs, most programs want an unofficial transcript in PDF form, 2 letters of recommendation, and a research statement. Also ask for recommendations as early as possible. I would suggest that you send your teachers an email stating what specific program(s) you're applying to, attach your personal statement to the email and link the website to the programs you are applying to with more information about the program(s). Also if this is your first time applying to summer research I recommend that you apply to no less than 9 or 10 programs. I know this seems time consuming and it is but it will give you a better chance at getting accepted to a program. Good luck everyone! More information on summer undergraduate research can be found at http://my.umbc.edu/groups/undergradresearch/news. Join the Undergraduate Research group on my.UMBC!


No comments:

Post a Comment