Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Meet Hope!

Hi everyone,

My name is Hope Arbesman and I am a returning student employee at Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS)! I am so excited to be joining the team again this year and I am looking forward to meeting all the new incoming students this year!

I am currently a senior at UMBC and I am planning on graduating this December with a dual major in Psychology and Sociology. Words cannot describe how anxious, yet excited I am to graduate. After graduation, I plan to obtain a job in Higher Education and look into Higher Education or Student Affairs Graduate programs.

My position at OCSS is primarily working with transfer students. I am apart of the Transfer Student Network (TSN) team, which helps incoming transfer students get acclimated into the UMBC community. We provide resources for the transfers in hopes that we can make their transition process a bit easier.

I know that it was difficult for me to transfer to UMBC. I transferred from Carroll Community College to UMBC in the Spring 2013 semester. I felt alone and I did not know the resources available to me as a transfer student when I first started at UMBC.

That is why I love what I do in OCSS. I want to make it easier for incoming transfers to adjust to UMBC. I have a passion for helping others, which has made me pursue a career in Higher Education. I can honestly say I love my position and I would not change it for the world. :)

Besides working, I like to spend time with my boyfriend, family,
and friends. Some of my fellow (and current) co-workers are some of my closest friends and we love hanging out together besides at work. I love listening to music, reading, cooking, baking, and exercising. In addition, I am the happiest during the fall when the leaves are super crunchy and when I am eating and drinking pumpkin everything.

With that being said, I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog post. Please feel free to contact me or any of the Commuter Assistants (CA's) with any questions you may have! We are always here to help you.

Wishing you lots of luck with your upcoming semester!

Hope at one of the Commuter Connections events last semester


No comments:

Post a Comment