Friday, August 29, 2014

Its NEYO!!

Hello everyone,
My name is Neyo Adekoya. I’m a senior here at UMBC with a major in Biology and minor in Psychology. I’m glad to be part of the OCSS family again this semester and I am looking forward to working with all the new student employees in their various capacities. Some of my hobbies are Cooking, Dancing, and watching Soccer. Aside from that, I derive great pleasure in volunteering and doing meaningful community work. After graduation, I plan to volunteer outside the country with the Peace Corps program before pursuing my post graduate degree.
My role as an OCSS staff is serving as a PACC (Peer Alumni from Community Colleges) Leader.  PACC is part of an initiative that caters for the successful transition of community college students into a four year college. I’m glad to be part of the PACC program for the second semester running and I’m excited for the future prospects of the program.

I transferred from CCBC last fall and transitioning was not easy. This is why being a part of PACC excites me. As a PACC leader, I am able to help other community college students through their transfer process and also help them acclimate to the UMBC community quickly. In addition to that, PACC has been a springboard to other campus involvements and leadership opportunities for me.

In my role I work specifically with CCBC and I’m happy to be working with my new partner Patrick, who brings with him a lot of energy and humor. To learn more about PACC, please visit www.stemtransfer.org
I hope you all have enjoyed the first few days of the semester more than you have enjoyed reading about me and what I do. I wish you all a wonderful semester and remember OCSS is here to assist all commuter and transferring students into making their UMBC experience as successful as it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment