Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Reflecting on my PACC Leader experience

This semester is coming to a close. This is my last blog for the semester, and so I thought it would be appropriate to reflect on my journey as a PACC Leader. A fairly new program,  PACC is a necessary program that connects community colleges to four year institutions.

This semester marks my second semester  serving as a PACC Leader, and I believe that my role has helped me to become a better team member, and leader. I was able to see the PACC program develop over the semester as it assisted prospective/current transfer students have a smooth transition. I had the opportunity to organize two events at Montgomery College that were designed to dispense information about the transfer process to prospective transfer students. In the process, I was able to incorporate the skills I acquired from  PACC event programing to organize a large campus event in my cultural organization on campus. I learned the importance of team works, and communication. I spoke to many student at Montgomery College, and connected them to the resources at Montgomery College and UMBC designed to assist them in their transition. I was able to reflect back on my own transfer experience, and actively take a role in making the transition easier for others, so that they do not have to face the same challenges that I had too when I transferred.  I would not change my experience thus far! I was also able to work with an amazing group of people to grow the program.


Thank you for reading my blog, and see you all next semester!


Did you know?

President Obama was also a transfer student.

(Photo taken from Flickr C.C. 2.0 under username Kirsten Jarnling)






No comments:

Post a Comment