Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Musings!!

Happy Monday to each and everyone of you!!! As we near the most stressful part of any semester I decided to share my favorite ways to alleviate stress.

1) Read a favorite poem and share it with a stranger. This may sound quirky, but think about how amazing it would be if you were in a supermarket and a stranger decided to share his or her favorite poem with you. Your life is instantly changed and you were just at Giant for some OJ. In case you were wondering, one of my favorite poems is IF by Rudyard Kipling.

2) Find reasons to smile and laugh. Laughter is truly the best medicine. Comedy is a great reminder that we should never take ourselves too seriously and that we should have a reasonable amount of fun.

3) I just acquired an N64 over the weekend along with WCW vs. NWO World Tour. After beating Ric Flair (Whooooo!) with Lex Luger's Torture Rack I instantly remembered how much I enjoyed playing that particular video game. It is this idea that makes tapping into your inner child so important. Find a game from your childhood (and perhaps someone who enjoys that game) and play it for hours!!

4) Cook a new meal. The inter web is an amazing thing. You simply go on-the-line and google ingredients that you currently have in your home. One week ago I made Maple glazed, walnut and bacon brussel sprouts. Before you ask, the answer is Yes! That dish is every bit as amazing as it sounds. Yesterday, I made zucchini fritters that not only came out awful, but they fell on the floor the moment I arrived at my friend's BBQ. Please refer back to item #2 on this list.


5) Write a list of things for which you are grateful. This simple exercise has been heralded as one of the most cost-effective, perspective shifting activities a person do. The idea is that by simply thinking about and writing down the things that you enjoy in your life can do wonders for your mood.

6) Stop by OCSS and ask me for an idea on the spot, I am certain you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

-Melvin



No comments:

Post a Comment