Thursday, February 12, 2015

Meet Klara

Hi Everyone!

My name is Klara and I'm in my last semester at UMBC. I transferred here from St. Mary's College of Maryland in Spring of 2012 and am a Financial Economics Major on the Bachelor of Science track. I'm from St. Mary's County in California, MD. It sounds crazy right? California, MD does exist though, as well as Hollywood, MD. I get a lot of confusing looks when I tell people where I'm from. Anyways, a little bit more about my academics! I am studying to be an accountant, hopefully on the corporate level and work for a large corporation in the future. Hopefully after I graduate, I will be obtaining an internship in accounting and prep to take the CPA and CMA.

I am a member of alpha Kappa Delta Phi, Sorority Inc. and the President of the Multicultural Greek Council. I have worked for Off-Campus Student Services since the Fall of 2014.Since starting here at OCSS, I've helped with several events including our Commuter Connections (once a month on Fridays) and with our Good Morning Commuters program. What's Good Morning Commuters (GMC)? OCSS holds a breakfast every Tuesday from 8:30 to 10:00 for commuters! All you need is to have your Commuter Gold Card (which you can purchase as a commuter for $5 cash every Tuesday during our breakfast). It's a one time purchase and then you can receive a free breakfast every Tuesday as well as a few other benefits listed on the back of the card.

Hope to see you all at our events and have a great day!!

-Klara


No comments:

Post a Comment