Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week Four

Wow, it is already week 4, going on to 5, of the 2015 and I am wishfully feeling like I am in the swing of this semester... Its to bad emotions are fleeting (a little philosophy for you all, haha your welcome). In these last two days I've had 2 exams and a quiz (although I have quizzes every week), which I was able to prepare for in the beginning of the semester by studying what was taught directly after being introduced to the topics, but man CELL BIO... talk about a curve ball? Over all my exams went well with majority of the questions being based on the material I had previously digested. but I digress.

As a PACC leader on the HCC side I was able to have my first set of office hours at my previous Community College, where I was asked questions from people looking to transfer out of HCC. Most being general question, but a young dapper gentle man I knew before I transferred sought to establish a connection with me where I was able to share with him my transfer experience. Specifically about keeping his eyes and ears open for UMBC's many research and internship opportunities that would be perfect during the summer days in order for him to get a good first foot in the door whit this school, getting ahead in a way. He would exposed to the campus in order to get familiar with the ways things are here while forming any relationships possible that would add to the academic life experience. While on the UMBC side of PACC I have been able to meet face to face with two of my mentees, I will be meeting another tomorrow for the first time, while working on when to meet up with another one who has been busy thus far, and lastly have not even had a response to my initial invitation from one of my mentees. I sure hope everything is going very well for all of them though, because (for those who get this and know classes are getting real..) "Winter is Coming"


No comments:

Post a Comment