Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Meet Christian

Hey everyone, I'm Christian Oyson and I'm a sophomore at UMBC. I am one of the many new Commuter Assistants for OCSS as well as a returning member for the Good Morning Commuter Breakfast. Throughout my UMBC career, I've been a commuter, I've traveled by Metro Bus in the past and now I am currently carpooling to campus. I guess you can say I am a true UMBC Commuter. You might have seen me in the past with GMC. That's because for the past year, I've been a volunteer with OCSS, helping them prepare, execute, and clean up the GMC event every Tuesday. I did this because I thought it would be a way for me to get involved at UMBC, and now I have returned once more to help OCSS and GMC, this time as an official Commuter Assistant.

Recently I've switched majors from Computer Science to Information Systems. It's going well so far and I'm actually excited to see what the Information System career will have for me in the future. As a member of Good Morning Commuters, it's our job to make sure you guys are connected throughout UMBC with its vast resources, departments and clubs to help you get involved and forge your place here at UMBC. In addition we also serve a diverse range of breakfast foods. From the standard bagels and doughnuts, to the delicious taste of bacon, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, and more. Believe me, there's a plethora of food that will make you keep coming back for more.

If you haven't done so already, come to our GMC Events every Tuesday at the Commons Main St. or Commuter Lounge from 8:30am to 10:30am. You'll need your Gold Card to get in to get access to the breakfast. If you don't have one, no worries, it's $5 for the card and it lasts the entire school year. In addition to the yearly breakfast, you'll have a 50% discount in the Game Room (3-6pm Monday to Fridays) as well as 1 free SEB Movie Ticket. If you ask me, it's something I think you'll want to have.

Anyways, if you want to stop by and say hi, I'm at the OCSS Desk on Monday from 10am - 12pm and Tuesday from 12pm - 1pm, and the Good Morning Commuter Breakfast on Tuesday from 8:30am - 10:30am. I can help you out with anything related to UMBC, as well as anything you're looking for outside from UMBC from shops to restaurants. Or if you wanna have a good social chat, I'm always up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment