Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Meet Poulomi

Hi, my name is Poulomi Banerjee and I am a sophomore at UMBC. I am a new Commuter Assistant for the Good Morning Commuters Breakfast every Tuesday through OCSS! I actually have never commuted since being at UMBC, but I think that with my other job on campus, it will be great to be able to spend more time with a different population of campus to figure out the needs and wants of those students.

I have just recently switched to a double major in Health Administration and Public Policy focusing on Public Health and Gender & Women Studies with a possible minor in Writing. I was a Teen Ambassador of the Domestic Violence Center as an intern under the Community Outreach Director my senior year in high school, and I’d love to take on a position like that working with Domestic Violence prevention and promoting equality between men and women.

I also work as an Event Programmer at the Student Events Board or otherwise known as (seb)! With that job, I plan a lot of different type of events to bring the student of UMBC together to have fun and take a break from classes! Along with being in (seb) and being a part of OCSS, I am also a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma! Within the chapter, I hold the position of Diversity Chair.
I am often found running around campus going from point A to point B, but I’m always willing to stop and have a conversation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment