Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meet Salma

Hey Everyone!


My name is Salma Waheed and I am a junior at UMBC. I transferred to UMBC in the spring of my Freshmen Year. My Major is Psychology with a certification in Early Education. After I graduate I hope to become a teacher. Children are my passion and love being around them. Maybe one day I can have my own child care center. Besides obsessing over children(not in a creepy way); I enjoy running, playing tennis and going to the gym. I am really excited about working at OCSS and with the Transfer Student Network. It is bringing me back to the high school days when I worked in an office and planned events. I realized how much I have missed it and I am glad to be involved at UMBC. I hope to help transfer students adjust to UMBC as much as possible.


I feel like it's vital to get involved and know more about UMBC in order to make your experience worthwhile. As a commuter student you don't want to go class and then go home. Go out there and talk to people and take advantage of what all UMBC has to offer. A great way to start is to come out to any OCSS event!

I am going to leave you with a little bit of advice that I have learned through personal experience...
1. Find clubs and organization that you are most interested in (go to their meetings) and pick out the ones that you like
2. Don’t give up! You may not be interested in the first few clubs/ organizations that you go to
3. Keep trying because there is something at UMBC for everyone or you can even start your own club!

If you ever have any questions feel free to email me at wsalma1@umbc.com
I would love to talk to you!



Thank you for reading,

Salma


How is your experience at UMBC going so far?

Leave it in the comments section below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment