Monday, September 9, 2013

Meet Hope


Hi everyone! My name is Hope and I am a Commuter Assistant working in Off-Campus Student Services.

I am so excited to be joining such a great group of people. All the staff and students in Off-Campus Student Services are extremely helpful and have been so welcoming to all the new CA's!

I work with transfer students in the Transfer Student Network. We host events during the semester that are geared to transfer students and their needs as they assimilate into the UMBC community. Currently, we are hosting a workshop series that answers many of the questions that transfer students have.

The workshops take place every Wednesday from 12:00-1:00pm. They address certain topics such as resume building and career searches, healthy minds, and information about graduate school. We will also be providing peer mentoring to any transfer student who may need advice or just someone to talk to!

In addition to the Transfer Student Network activities, you can find me working at the OCSS desk Friday afternoons. Feel free to come by and ask any questions you may have!

Besides working at OCSS, I am also actively engaged on campus in other activities. I am currently a double major in Psychology and Sociology. I am also a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi sorority. Like many other students at UMBC, I was a transfer student from Carroll Community College. This is my second semester here and I am learning many new things with the current transfer students that I did not know previously!

Besides being involved on campus, I love spending time with my friends and family. I also love working out, dancing, reading, and listening to the many wonderful boy bands of the '90s, which of course includes 'Nsync. I do enjoy going shopping and buying shoes. I also am a very health conscious person and I love eating healthy and exercising. However, my weakness is Macaroni and Cheese and I love it.

I enjoy smiling and laughing. So, please feel free to approach me with whatever you may need! I believe that I am a pretty approachable person, so please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Please take advantage of what OCSS has to offer and remember that all the CA's are here to help you! Have a great semester!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment