Friday, September 20, 2013

Meet Tiffany!

Hi all!

My name is Tiffany Cook and this is my second year working in the OCSS office. I am one of the few returning CAs and if you have ever stopped by the office or have been to one of our OCSS events, you have probably seen this face...




                                                                                                    ...this face is my face... 

I am a junior currently majoring in Mathematics with an Elementary Education focus. I am a proud family member of the Sherman Scholars (STEP 5). I've been commuting since my first semester here at UMBC as a freshman, so I would like to say I know how it feels to be a commuter. The struggles of mid-day parking, the frustration of rush hour traffic, the search for a quiet place to take a nap on campus.... I've been there, I'm still there.. But try and focus on the many perks of being a commuter.

What I do here in Off-Campus Student Services is to help ensure that you, as commuters, understand that you are an important part of the UMBC community. When I am at the desk I cater to your needs and when I'm in the office I'm planning fun events just for you! I work specifically under the Commuter Connections team. We plan a themed event once a month, on a Friday, during free hour, usually in Lower Flat Tuesdays. These events come equipped with free food, games, prizes, and lots of resources to help you feel more welcome. We want you here! That being said.... Our next event is OktoberFEAST on October 18th, 2013... Save the date and come out and see what we have planned for you!

Aside from my title here at UMBC, I love just hanging out with my friends. There is nothing I like to do more in this world than laugh and smile. If you ever want to test out your corny jokes on someone, I'm your girl! Most likely I will respond back with a joke.

I work Tuesdays 1:00-4:00pm, Thursdays 1:00-3:00pm, and Fridays 10:00-3:00pm.
So stop by if you have any questions or would like to just say hi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment