Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Meet Alison!

Hi everyone! My name is Alison Pfannenstein and I am a PACC leader within OCSS. As I'm sure you've read from other bio's by now, PACC stands for Peer Alumni from Community Colleges. With that said, I am a transfer student from Howard Community College where I was part of the Rouse Scholars program. However, I am no stranger to UMBC.

I am currently a Senior in the Computer Science department with this being my 5th semester here at UMBC. Aside from work with OCSS, I am part of the Discovery, Research, and Experimental Analysis of Malware (DREAM) Research team on campus. With plans on graduating this December, I am trying my best to go out with a bang and leave my mark!

Off campus, I enjoy spending quality time with a good book in the hammock or at the gym. I am also jokingly becoming the crazy cat lady among friends - my cat Rose is definitely spoiled rotten. She may at first seem a little crazy and as if she lives off of espresso & caffeine (that's my diet, not hers), but deep down she is a lovable jokester that knows exactly when you start doing homework to get in your face.


I am very excited to meet everyone as the semester continues on! Though I am usually squirreled away in the research lab getting work done or pounding out a run on the treadmill and along the loop, I can always be spotted at TSN activities including Wednesday seminars and Friday Munch & Mingle events! For more info on either listed or other upcoming events be sure to visit the awesome desk staff of OCSS in the Commons (located to the right of the bookstore).

No comments:

Post a Comment