Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Meet Klara!

Good Morning fellow UMBC Students!

My name is Klara Cheung and I am a new Commuter Assistant (CA) for Off Campus Student Services (OCSS) for the Fall 2014 Semester. I hope all of you are having an awesome semester and to those incoming students, I hope you are all having a great first semester here at UMBC.

I am in my 5th year as a college student and my 3rd year here at UMBC (credit-wise I'm a senior). My major is Financial Economics with a minor in Statistics. I am considering pursuing a certificate in accounting. My future career goal is to work for a corporation as a managerial accountant. I think accounting is actually a lot of fun. I recently changed my major last semester from Statistics to Financial Economics.

I transferred here to UMBC from St. Mary's College of Maryland in the Spring of 2011. There, I pursued a Mathematics major before I came here to continue my college career. I didn't become very involved on campus until Spring 2012 where I joined my first club called Splash UMBC.

I am now apart of another organization: alpha Kappa Delta Phi. I joined aKDPhi in Spring of 2013 and have become incredibly active on campus. Since I've joined, I've traveled and met a ton of people, volunteered at a great number of places and created some awesome experiences.

As far as hobbies go, I wish I had more time for them. I used to love reading but barely have any time to start a good book. When the winter comes, I like snowboarding but haven't gone in a couple years. I've been trying to get into arts and crafts, a lot of the do it yourself projects on Pinterest mostly.

It will be a super busy semester for me. I am taking 5 upper level classes in Economics and Statistics. I am President of our Greek Council, the Multicultural Greek Council, and I am the social chair for alpha Kappa Delta Phi (in charge of relations on campus). So I'm looking forward to taking on this challenging semester and excited to begin my work here at OCSS!

Wishing you all the best with the rest of the semester,

Klara

(Klara is in the middle)


No comments:

Post a Comment