Thursday, September 4, 2014

Meet Sonny!

Hey, everybody! My name is Sonny Duttweiler, and I'm very excited to begin my first semester as a Commuter Assistant (CA) at Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS).

I grew up in Prince George's County, but I attended high school in Calvert County. I'm currently a junior at UMBC, and I'm pursuing a biology major as well as a chemistry minor. I eventually want to attend graduate school in order to go into a career in pharmacy. I'm particularly interested in the clinical aspect of pharmacy because I love working with people.

I'm also a musician, and I played bass in an alternative rock band for about four years. I also play guitar, drums, and keyboard. I enjoy athletic activies such as playing tennis, swimming, and jogging, too. Two of the main things I want to do during this year are to start reading more and to travel. 

As a Commuter Assistant at Off-Campus Student Services, one of my main goals is to make sure commuters have a great experience at UMBC. Not only do we provide information on topics such as transit and off-campus housing, we also plan and run events designed with commuters in mind. I've lived on campus my whole time at UMBC, and I hope that having that different perspective can contribute to our events. Make sure to check out the Fall events calendar!

I'm really looking forward to meeting new people this year, as well as finally being able to give back to my school. Feel free to stop by the commuter lounge if you have any questions, want a place to hang out, or even if you just want to say hi!

Good luck with classes, and have an awesome semester! :)

-Sonny

(Sonny is on the left and Oladimeji on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment